Thursday, December 17, 2009

Reading List

Are you a reader?  Like, as in, books, not just blogs?  Because I am a sucker for a good young adult novel.  Its my favorite genre, even though I am definitely not a young adult anymore.  Its what I write and what I fill my bookshelves with.  I read other genres too, of course.  I mean, what self respecting Wonder Woman and Reader Girl wouldn't?  But YA is definitely my favorite.  Plus, I am lucky enough to be friends with two authors (Aprilynn Pike and Becca Fitzpatrick) whose novels (Wings and Hush, Hush) each went to the New York Times Bestsellers list this year and it is really exciting to hear about their experiences. 

I just saw the list of nominees for the Best YA (Young Adult) Paranormal/Fantasy Novel of 2009 and learned that one of the above named friends made the list with her first book "Wings".  The other nominees are The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong, Tempted by P.C. and Kristen Cast, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, and Shadowland by Alyson Noel. 

I am adding these books to my reading list now, because I am always up for a good book recommendation, and although award winners don't always strike a chord with me the way they do with other people, they are usually pretty good bets for a fun read.

Also, not that this is news, but if you haven't read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins yet, you are missing out in a huge, HUGE way.  Its definitely my favorite book in quite a while.

Do you have any good recommendations for me?  Something that just cannot be put down?  Because I'm still compiling my Christmas Wish List.  And almost every year the big theme on that list is literary.

That's it.  Gotta dash.  Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. The House of Scorpion. I don't remember who wrote it, but it's definitely worth giving it a gander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so right. I think that was Nancy Wells Farmer or something like that. That was a really interesting book.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!...